This is a session from the European Private Label Summit 2017 – the online conference for Amazon FBA sellers in European marketplaces.
I have challenged Greg Mercer, the founder of Jungle Scout, to demonstrate how to find a product in the marketplace without knowing the language. Greg does not speak a word of German, but using the JungleScout tools he managed to identify a potential product idea.
Tactics for finding private label products in Europe in 2017
- Focus in EXISTING demand
- Focus on quality
- Focus on adding value and differentiation
- Focus on low competition
Criterias for European Product Ideas
- Existing Niche Demand: greater than 1000 sales/month
- Low Competition: listings in top 10 with less than 20 reviews
- Less than perfect reviews: selling well with less than 4-star rating
- Price Point: 18€-60€ (less competition at higher price points, greater margin per sale)
Do not select products that:
- Need to be licensed
- Are patented
- Cannot be sold on Amazon
- High liability or risk
Who is GREG MERCER?
Greg is a serial entrepreneur, heavily involved in all things Amazon. He currently does multi-millions in annual sales with his physical product brands on Amazon. He’s the founder of the industry leader in Amazon product research software – Jungle Scout. He is also the creator of Jump Send: powerful email automation and Fetcher: simple profit analytics for Amazon sellers. Greg’s a lifelong learner, caffeine enthusiast and digital nomad.