If you are a professional seller on Amazon and if you want to improve your product, you should probably like to know all the reviews of the product, what are people talking about, and do they like or dislike the product? In this article I will explain how you can download Amazon product reviews as a CSV file using Helium 10.
This method is FREE. Just follow the step by step instructions below.
(FREE) Using Helium 10 – a toolbox for Amazon sellers
First of all, you will need to create an account with Helium 10 or login to the existing one. FREE account is enough to download Amazon product reviews.
The Helium 10 software suite contains over 20 tools that help Amazon sellers to find profitable products, identify powerful keywords, launch products, optimize listings, track keywords, monitor hijackers, locate reimbursements from Amazon and more – to save time and increase sales on Amazon. You can find an ultimate Helium 10 review here.
So, here are the detailed steps how to use Helium 10 to get the product reviews as a CSV/Excel file:
- Download and install the Helium 10 Chrome extension. It is essential to use Chrome web browser, of course.
- When you download Chrome extension of Helium 10, you will see the small blue icon on the right corner of your screen.
- If you are not yet logged in to the Helium 10 Member’s Area, you will see a message about that once you click on the Helium 10 Chrome Extension icon.
- Now when you are signed up, go to the Amazon product listing for which you want to download the reviews. As an example let’s go to the Infinity Instruments Orange Retro 9.5-Inch Metal Wall Clock.
- If you click on the Helium 10 Extension icon you will see an option called “Review Downloader”.
- You will have an opportunity to filter reviews according to your criteria: by date, by Verified/Not Verified, only the reviews with or without Images/Videos. There are also 5 yellow stars which represent different star ratings of the reviews. In order to filter out only 1-star (7%) and 2-star (4%) reviews, you need to un-mark (click) the last 3 stars, so that they are filled with the white color. Check the second screenshot below, where I have chosen to download only the low star reviews.
- Once you are happy with your filters – click on the [EXTRACT] button. A new browser tab will open.
- If you want to save file on your PC, click the blue [EXPORT REVIEWS] button at the top right corner and download the CSV to your computer.
- The downloaded CSV data has 9 columns: Date, Author, Verified, Helpful, Title, Body, Rating, Images, Videos. You can open it with Excel, Google Sheets or any other software, which can open CSV files and you feel comfortable with.
NOTE: if you open the CSV file with text editor and see the “data:text/tsv;charset=utf-8,” at the beginning of the document – make sure you remove this, otherwise the Sheet’s column names will be shifted by 1 position to the right.
What can you do with the downloaded reviews?
There can be several uses of it. Here are some ideas:
- Use it to extract keywords you might be missing on your product listing.
- Read low rated reviews and decide how you can improve the product.
- Examine the language patterns of your product users.
- Copy and paste all the reviews into the word cloud tool TagCrowd.com – it will show you the most used words by the reviewers